Oasis Academy Fir Vale is a welcoming school at the very heart of the community it serves. Staff are skilled in the way they support pupils.
Our current Ofsted judgement is Good overall with Outstanding in Personal Development.
We have been on a journey of improvement since becoming an Oasis Academy and are extremely proud of the progress our staff and students are making in the current climate of mobility. We know we have more improvements to make, and are excited to work together with our community to see the school become an 'Outstanding' academy.
Ofsted found the following strengths in our latest report:
- Pupils enjoy learning in an environment where they are well supported.
- Staff waste no time in developing pupils' skills to enable them to be successful learners.
- Leaders and staff provide exceptional opportunities to support pupils' personal development.
- The Oasis ethos, promotion of the school's nine 'habits' and many aspects of the curriculum support pupils to be able to thrive in modern society.
- Leaders ensure reading is the key priority. The teaching of phonics is effective. Phonics is taught as soon as pupils start school.
- Pupils behave well in lessons and focus on their learning.
- Pupils are very proud of their roles in school, which include acting as interpreters, peer mediators and wellbeing ambassadors.
To view all of our previous inspection documents, please visit the Ofsted website.
What is Parent View?
Parent View is an Ofsted service that allows parents to give their views about this school at any time of the year, by completing a simple online questionnaire. At the time of an Ofsted inspection, parents are also invited to give inspectors their views using Parent View.
Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of school, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with any issues relating to bullying or poor behaviour. You are able to highlight the strengths of school also.
Follow this link to the Parent View website to get started!