Oasis Academy Fir Vale are part of the Eat Smart Sheffield Programme and in partnership will work with our children and families from our local community help to look at:
- Different generations having stronger connections with each other through cooking, growing and sharing good food leading to a happy, healthy relationship with food and improved health and wellbeing.
- Improved understanding of how to support and engage disadvantaged and diverse communities in cross-generational food activities
- Organisation and setting support for different generations in the local community to provide an increased knowledge, confidence and resources to sustain cross-generational food activities.
- People of different generations having a more positive attitude to ageing in society as a result of being more connected through food & healthy eating.
- Embedding knowledge within our local community on leading a healthy lifestyle through food.
Sheffield’s Sweet Enough is a campaign run by Sheffield City Council and partners to help local families, food businesses, schools and healthcare professionals tackle the harms caused by eating too much sugar.
Together with our partners, which includes the NHS, Sheffield’s universities, colleges, Trading Standards and the voluntary sector, we’re here to share helpful facts, sugar swaps, tips and advice for all ages.
Let’s help ourselves, our children, our families and our city eat less sugar – we’re all sweet enough!
· We all want our children to grow up happy and healthy.
· eating too much sugar can start having an impact during pregnancy before our children are even born. Throughout childhood and into adulthood if we eat too much sugar this can put us at risk of developing tooth decay and certain health conditions, including obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure.
· We want to help you get the facts about sugar and make some simple swaps to keep you, your family and everyone in Sheffield healthy.
The link to the website which contains lots of useful information is: